"The artist...is also a born adventurer. His explorations, unlike those of a tourist, are rewarded by the discovery of beauty spots unmentioned in the guide books, and with tireless curiosity and an exceptional proneness to wonderment, he will come upon objects of remarkable interest overlooked or even shunned by more disciplined observers."

Augustus John, R.A.




Sunday 30 May 2010

Problem Solving




After giving some thought to the problem of the stream colour. I abandoned the idea of printing the ripples in the final dark, and decided on a darker shade of the blue that I had used for the highlights. This ment printing a slightly paler shade over the dark greys already printed. Not something that I entertained doing lightly, but trusting to the opaqueness of the ink I took a deep breath and pulled the first print. Looking at the print now I think I made the right decision. Once the final two darks are printed on the stream banking, the water should have more definition.

No comments: