"The artist...is also a born adventurer. His explorations, unlike those of a tourist, are rewarded by the discovery of beauty spots unmentioned in the guide books, and with tireless curiosity and an exceptional proneness to wonderment, he will come upon objects of remarkable interest overlooked or even shunned by more disciplined observers."

Augustus John, R.A.




Sunday 6 June 2010

Finally finished


Colour nine, a dark green went down relatively problem free, leaving only one more to go. A final dark to pull the whole image together.




Sunlight and Shadow-Malham Cove.
10 colour reduction linocut. 237mm x 360mm.
Edition of 6.

Quite pleased with this, although I'm still not sure about the stream. Hopefully the selection committee for the Leeds Open will also like it. Ten colours is a bit much, I had intended doing it in seven. My next print will be a bit more simpler.

2 comments:

Keith Tilley said...

This is really nice. I like the stream and I think the brighter blue gives some depth to the print.

Stuart Brocklehurst said...

Hi Keith,
Glad you like the print. I'm pleased that I decided to change the colour of the stream as it does work better than it would have in the darker colour. It also helps break up all the foregorund green.