"The artist...is also a born adventurer. His explorations, unlike those of a tourist, are rewarded by the discovery of beauty spots unmentioned in the guide books, and with tireless curiosity and an exceptional proneness to wonderment, he will come upon objects of remarkable interest overlooked or even shunned by more disciplined observers."

Augustus John, R.A.




Sunday 16 May 2010

A little bit more progress


I printed the second colour on the new linocut, a cool grey to define the shadow areas on the sunlight face of the crag. But then I stalled a bit, unsure of what to do next. Do I print the first green or blue for the sky and stream. After some deliberation I decided to go with the blue. Mainly because I wasn't too confident about how the stream was working, so printing the blue at this stage would mean less wasted time if I ended up scrapping the print.


I printed the blue in two bands; one across the top and another across the bottom, leaving the centre area clear. This will have a pale green printed across it which I don't want to have to print over the blue if I can avoid it.

No comments: