"The artist...is also a born adventurer. His explorations, unlike those of a tourist, are rewarded by the discovery of beauty spots unmentioned in the guide books, and with tireless curiosity and an exceptional proneness to wonderment, he will come upon objects of remarkable interest overlooked or even shunned by more disciplined observers."

Augustus John, R.A.




Sunday 8 June 2014

Catch Up

A lot to do this month. Holmfirth Art Market is two weeks away and I need to make another couple of display boards for it. I have to get work framed in time for the Calder Gallery in Hebden Bridge's Summer Print Show, and at the end of the month it's Art in the Pen in Carlisle so I have started a new print which I want to get finished to take there with me.

This is the block inked up for the first colour.


and the first colour printed...


Block inked for colour 2...


and printed...

 

if this works it should look like sunlight sparkling on the sea. If it doesn't it'll just look a mess. This grey looks a bit severe in this photo, the next colour should push it back a bit.

I've also started another block. This is smaller around A5 in size. For the time being this is as far as I am going to work it. I've cut the block ready to print the first colour but that is all. I'm going to take it to Carlisle with me and print it over the Art in the Pen Weekend. Its a small and simple 5 colour print so over two days and the preview evening it should just about work. Anyway we'll see.


No comments: