"The artist...is also a born adventurer. His explorations, unlike those of a tourist, are rewarded by the discovery of beauty spots unmentioned in the guide books, and with tireless curiosity and an exceptional proneness to wonderment, he will come upon objects of remarkable interest overlooked or even shunned by more disciplined observers."

Augustus John, R.A.




Saturday 29 March 2014

New Print



The first colour is a very pale yellow, just darker than the white of the paper. Nothing much is given away about the subject matter, just a few vague cloud shapes. Lets ink up the block for the next colour.


A very pale blue grey which gives us...


More idea of the sky, a bit of beach, some waves and something in the centre that appears to be obscuring part of the sky. Not much cutting away before the next colour, although as this only appears in the lower part of the image I'm only inking part of the block.


Apologies for the shadow of the window blinds across the picture. You can't really get a good impression of the colour from this. Its a nice sandy yellow colour.


Time for some thinking now. Not sure what I'm doing next - pale blue or another, darker browner yellow.

3 comments:

Sherrie York said...

Yep. The "where the heck am I going from here" stage. I pretty much live there. ;-)

Stuart Brocklehurst said...

Hi Sherrie,

So do I. I might give the impression of knowing what I'm doing. But most of the time I'm making it up as I go along.

Sherrie York said...

Shhh. Don't tell anyone.