"The artist...is also a born adventurer. His explorations, unlike those of a tourist, are rewarded by the discovery of beauty spots unmentioned in the guide books, and with tireless curiosity and an exceptional proneness to wonderment, he will come upon objects of remarkable interest overlooked or even shunned by more disciplined observers."

Augustus John, R.A.




Sunday 7 April 2013

Rainy day on the Dutch River



Rainy day on the Dutch River.
12 colour reduction linocut. 252mm x 364mm
Edition of 7.

As mentioned in the previous post I finally got this print finished last weekend. I started out with 10 prints but lost three in the process. Although registration was a little bit more difficult than usual it wasn't the cause of the rejected prints. I have been using some quite thin (probably too thin), Hosho paper for this print and all three were lost when they stuck to the block and tore as I pulled them away.

Having finished this print I started on the next straight away....


First colour a pale yellow over the entire block.


Next a pale orange.


2 comments:

Katka said...

What an excellent effect with the rain. A beautiful print all around but what a drag you lost a few. I hate it when stuff like that happens.

Stuart Brocklehurst said...

Hi Katka

Thanks for the comment. I've given up on the Hosho paper for the time being and gone back to my usual paper for the next print.