"The artist...is also a born adventurer. His explorations, unlike those of a tourist, are rewarded by the discovery of beauty spots unmentioned in the guide books, and with tireless curiosity and an exceptional proneness to wonderment, he will come upon objects of remarkable interest overlooked or even shunned by more disciplined observers."

Augustus John, R.A.




Sunday 31 May 2009

Things don't always go to plan

Cherry Blossom at Norwood Green. 9 colour reduction Linocut print. 150mm x 240mm.

I lost my way a bit on this print and it hasn't turned out quite as I planned it should. I think I used too many colours and over complicated things.

1 comment:

Keith Tilley said...

It's a shame that it didn't turn out the way you wanted. I like it as it looks in the blog window, but I think I see what you mean about being overcomplicated when I look at the enlargement.