"The artist...is also a born adventurer. His explorations, unlike those of a tourist, are rewarded by the discovery of beauty spots unmentioned in the guide books, and with tireless curiosity and an exceptional proneness to wonderment, he will come upon objects of remarkable interest overlooked or even shunned by more disciplined observers."

Augustus John, R.A.




Sunday 24 May 2009

Almost there

Having completed the acrylic painting of Gordale, I've turned my attentions this week back to the linocut of the cherry blossom. At this stage I'm seven colours in with another 2 to go. Although I think I may have been a little over ambitious and should have limited the number of colours more. Anyway its too late to go back now so we will just have to see how it looks when its finished.

I will be exhibiting two paintings at this years Holmfirth Art Week, which runs from 5th to 11th July at the Civic Hall in Holmfirth. I will also have a number of unframed prints for sale which can be bought and taken away immediately. Further details can be found at www.holmfirthartweek.net

No comments: