"The artist...is also a born adventurer. His explorations, unlike those of a tourist, are rewarded by the discovery of beauty spots unmentioned in the guide books, and with tireless curiosity and an exceptional proneness to wonderment, he will come upon objects of remarkable interest overlooked or even shunned by more disciplined observers."

Augustus John, R.A.




Sunday 4 September 2011

Painting


Loch of the Lowes, Scottish Borders. Acrylic on canvas. 400mm x 500mm.

Haven't finished a painting in ages, so this is a bit of a rarity. You can see how much painting I've done recently by how clean the easel is! I had intended this to be a print (it might still be one yet),

4 comments:

Keith Tilley said...

Very nice Stuart, especially the clouds with those reflected lights. I always take a while to get back up to form after a break, but you seem to have hit the ground running.

Stuart Brocklehurst said...

Thanks Keith, I was pleased with how the clouds came out. And for once I knew when to stop meddling with them!

Katka said...

Very nice Stuart. I think there are definite traces of your linowork in your painting, but with a softness.

Stuart Brocklehurst said...

Hi Katka, it will be interesting to compare the two images when I finally get around to making a print of it.