"The artist...is also a born adventurer. His explorations, unlike those of a tourist, are rewarded by the discovery of beauty spots unmentioned in the guide books, and with tireless curiosity and an exceptional proneness to wonderment, he will come upon objects of remarkable interest overlooked or even shunned by more disciplined observers."

Augustus John, R.A.




Sunday 28 March 2010

Works in progress but nothing finished


This week has been a busy one of having lots of projects on the go, but with nothing completed to show for it. I have two linocuts in progress, one drawn out on the block and another part way through printing; done as an experiment to test my new registration jig.

I also started this acrylic on canvas. Shown here after about an hours work on the underpainting. Although work has stalled on this as I quite like it as it is and I'm not sure where to take it from this stage. I want to carry this freshness through to the finished painting without getting bogged down and overworking it. I'm just not sure how to do that at the moment. It may be time to turn it to the wall for a couple of weeks and forget about it, before coming back to it later.

No comments: